Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Email TO PhilStar.com (Part I)

From a recent email to several senior members of PhilStar.com:

To: Edennares@philstar.com; edenestopace@philstar.com; katrinasandejas@philstar.com; jjunbana@philstar.com

Cc: OMITTED

Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:53:53 PM

Subject: Narel's Advertisement on Philstar.Com

My Filipina wife and I are consistent readers of Phil Star on-line. Your website is a lifeline for our knowledge on current events and developments in our beloved Philippines. In your Sunday 8/10/08 edition, we saw a large left-side advertisement for the Narel Group of Companies (a.k.a.: Narel). We have personally and recently experienced the displeasure of contracting Narel to construct our home (5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 sqf). We did not initially locate Narel in late 2006 via advertisement on Phil Star (published or on-line).

The construction was (and still is!) a complete disaster. Narel turned the house over to us 5 months later than contracted. Narel used sub-standard construction practices and sub-standard materials. Their labor force was unskilled and unlicensed. Narel sent only one (unskilled) laborer to perform the warranty work, and did not provide said laborer the tools and materials necessary to complete the work in a timely manner, thus yielding non-quality and unfinished results! Narel refuses to compensate us for the contracted punitive damages concerning the late turn-over, even though Mr. Christian Relova (Narel's President) provided us a signed compensatory agreement...on the amount they believed owed to us by Narel.

Subsequently, we have retained a Phillipine attorney to file suit against Narel for breach of contract and other merited charges.

I am certainly no one to tell Phil Star who they should accept as advertisers. However, if you continue to use Narel as an advertiser, you are doing a complete, total disservice to your loyal readers - especially to your overseas readers, who may be truly unfamiliar with Narel's practices, deceptions, and false claims.

Substantiating that disservice, please find attached actual representations of Narel's performance. This performance is completely contrary to what they advertise on your website.

If you have any questions regarding the above, feel free to contact me directly, or Ms. NAME DELETED ( [cc'ed] our Special Power-of-Attorney during the construction process) or ... our attorney-in-fact. Thank you for your considerations. I welcome any and all responses.

2 comments:

Cao Li said...

Hello..... I am House Builder in Tauchung City, Taiwan. I have encountered different kind of client.Some are bit satisfied, some are satisfied..some are completely satisfied...and some are dissatisfied.

I felt as same as owner of Narel Realty and Development Corporation.
I have looked at Narels profile, I should say that Narel Realty and Development Corporation is a reputable and credible company.

Narel Realty built a strong house. The foundation is strong. I coudn't see some cracks in the wall.Neither broken pipes nor cracked ceilings.

Clients some time are too emotional....but I believe the issue will be resolve when there will be understanding and humility.

NarelSux said...

Hey, Cao Lin. Did you look at the pictures I posted???? "Neither broken pipes nor cracked ceilings." Ummmmm....HELLO!!! I posted 2 pictures of cracked ceilings! What about cement falling off the exterior walls? So don't sit there and say "Narel built a strong house." You OBVIOUSLY have not seen MY house.

Don't think for one minute that the problems with my home's construction is all in my head, or that I am too emotional about my home's construction. Do you really think "understanding and humility" would FIX the construction defects Narel made of my home???? Get a clue!

You're a house builder, too, Cai Lin? You probably suck at building houses as much as Narel & Christian Relova do!