Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Email TO PhilStar.com (Part II)

I promptly responded to Eden Nares' email:

Eden, thank you for your very prompt and honest response.

I took the following directly from PhilStar's website:

"From the onset, we at philstar.com have always prided ourselves in doing our very best to serve YOU, the Filipino global community in the best way we possibly can! We, together with our sister companies ... have, and will continue to, given you unbiased, serious and accurate news and information on and about the Philippines and the world."

To that end, I would like to invite PhilStar to keenly, accurately, and seriously explore further the dealings Narel has made with homeland-based Pinoys and OFWs in constructing their homes. While you advertise Narel on your site, you could also run a series of reports about Narel. Is it fair to plaster Narel's advertisements throughout your various websites, but not to report on their treatment of their clients and the practices they engage in?

To aid PhilStar in this endeavor, I welcome PhilStar to begin their unbiased reporting on Narel by commencing with our dealings with Narel. Your reporting on this matter would be a just and fair service to all Filipinos at home and around the globe, so that they would have a true understanding of this company's (your advertiser's) performance. You may start your reporting with the Garland's house construction in Taytay. Considering the horrific and saddening condition our home is in, we would give PhilStar only the truth, as that is all we really have left.

May I ask: what would PhilStar's credibility be if an unknowing Pinoy contracted with Narel because they saw Narel's ad on PhilStar's website, and then later that same Pinoy has to endure the pain and suffering I and my family have endured at the hands of Narel?

I truly do welcome PhilStar's response. The Pinoys of the world deserve to know the truth. PhilStar prides itself in doing its very best to serve the global Filipino community.

Here is a remarkable opportunity for PhilStar to further that pride and mission statement.

Thank you for your considerations.

END OF EMAIL

To which - I have yet to receive a response to my modest proposal from PhilStar. Maybe, just maybe, it is "in the mail"!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blogs have given me a clear picture that my current house construction in Manila won't materialize and feel the pain of not having any responce from the Narels group since last year. My house has been frozen nor not even a single wall arise on my lot and it has been a year without getting any assurance from them. I would appreciate if you could send me your personal email to ask an opinion from you. regards,

Anonymous said...

We have a same experiences from Narel. They asked us to make a down payment last Sept 2008 to start our house construction in Laguna. After almost 4 months they started the house construction. Then after 2 and a half months they stopped it again... we had terminated our agreement wih them. Mga sinungaling talaga sila.

Eric Jimenez said...

I personally know the CEO of Narel and I must say that you are correct in labelling him a crook. Mr. Relova is an unscrupulous guy with a bad reputation in the construction industry. It continues to amaze me that up to now the law still has not caight up with him. I have heard countless horror stories from those who have had dealings with him.

Anonymous said...

I am an oversea worker and still paying my 5 years home loan from the bank that till these days my house somewhere in Manila standing naked and unfinished. It has been 3 years in the making and so desperate enough to contact them and even the bank to whom I never get any support instead they keep releasing the tranches without my approval. As reading this blog that makes me really believe that they are professional crooks and bandits victimizing those helpless fellow that could not do anything but just continually paying the loan without seeing the completion of the house. I am as well wondering why they are still there...I need an advice from you HELP. You can contact me maybauder@yahoo.com

Thank you.

A Pissed Off Customer (Still!) said...

Folks, it has been several years since I first posted my blog. But I have seen comments come in from concerned Narel customers, and it is a pity that others continue to fall victim to Narel and Christian Relova's lies and b.s. My heart goes out to you.
If it is any consolation, I am happy to tell the world that when "Narel" is entered into Google, Yahoo, & Bing search engines, MY SITE appears before Narel's sites do. At least we are able to reach Narel's potential web-based customers BEFORE they reach Narel's sites! I wish I could help all those that have contacted me in trying to deal with Narel. At the very least, I can keep people from considering any future dealings with these CROOKS, CHEATS, & THIEVES!
God bless. I wish you well in any continued dealings you may have with the chief crook, Christian Relova.

Anonymous said...

I feel bad reading all these for Christian Relova. Personally, I know him and worked with him and I must tell you he is a very good person contrary to what you have all been saying here.

He was also a victim of the fall. He hired the wrong people especially the Finance or their so-called Accountant. They were the crooked not him. He came from a dignified family and also with a very good values. His mistake was trusting the wrong people especially his so-called Treasurer also an Accountant.

He trusted the wrong people.

Anonymous said...

It's not Mr. Relova, I think it's the people that he trusted. Some of them I should say was their Accountant.

Mr. Relova was also a victim of many delinquent buyers. a lot of projected ROI did not materialize because he was also a victim of other people playing all-clean now while they have been crooked ones.

Anonymous said...

It's not Mr. Relova, I think it's the people that he trusted. Some of them I should say was their Accountant.

Mr. Relova was also a victim of many delinquent buyers. a lot of projected ROI did not materialize because he was also a victim of other people playing all-clean now while they have been crooked ones.